Because it works.
Direct marketing captures 53% of all U.S. advertising expenditures, significantly outpacing traditional advertising. An investment of $1 in direct marketing is predicted to return on average, $11.69 in incremental revenue across all industries.
By optimizing direct marketing results through integrated shared mail, one-to-one, and interactive solutions, Money Mailer is able to accurately target every household in the U.S. with integrated solutions using a variety of methods ranging from direct mail and mobile phone advertising to online coupon distribution across thousands of relevant websites.
One reason for this remarkable return on investment is that consumers like coupons, now more than ever. In fact, 86% of the U.S. population uses coupons, up 10% from 2006. Your customers are coupon users. Among households with an income between $50,000 and $100,000 per year 88% are coupon users.
Let's take a look at some key findings about shopping behavior and coupon usage:
General Shopping Behavior
- 77% of Money Mailer readers are more likely to make a purchase if they have a coupon
- 54% of Money Mailer readers are more likely to make an impulse buy if they have a coupon
Money Mailer Shared Mail Coupon Usage
- 91% of our readers use 2 or more of our coupons / month
- 59% look through the envelope at least 2x a month
- 41% use 2 or more coupons each week
- Envelope open rates within households are as high as 95%, commonly 85-90%
- 67% or more of the time a woman in the household opens the envelope
Money Mailer Shared Mail Reader's Online Coupon Usage
- 52% of readers use coupons from websites
- Nearly half use 2 or more online coupons each month
*Sources: Direct Marketing Association 2008, Pulse Research 2008 - Money Mailer readership survey